Update: Congrats to April and the missionary in India she gave the commentary set to. Look for more giveaways in the coming weeks.
In partnership with Olive Tree,
we are giving away one digital copy of the entire Pillar New Testament Commentary Set. It is a $349.99 value!
The rules are similar to all other free giveaways with one big exception. IF YOU WIN YOU HAVE TO GIVE IT TO A MISSIONARY YOU SUPPORT.
All you have to do to enter is to submit your name and email address in the form below. We will contact the winner and then you can tell us how to contact the missionary you want to give it to. The missionary MUST BE SERVING outside of the United States.
Here is a description of the series and a list of the commentaries as listed on Olive Tree's website:
The Pillar New Testament Commentary, designed for serious readers of the Bible, seeks above all to make clear the meaning of the text of Scripture as we have it. The scholars of the PNTC volumes interact with the most important, informed contemporary debate yet avoid undue technical detail. Their ideal is a blend of rigorous exegesis and exposition, scholarship and pastoral sensitivity, with an eye alert both to biblical theology and to the contemporary relevance of the Bible.
The foundational approach used in this series recognizes "When God speaks to us through his Word, those who profess to know him must respond in an appropriate way,... with reverence, a certain fear, a holy joy, a questing obedience. These values should be reflected in the way Christians write. With these values in place, the Pillar commentaries will be warmly welcomed not only by pastors, teachers, and students, but by general readers as well." - D. A. Carson (General Editor of the Pillar New Testament Commentary Series)
The fourteen individual Commentaries included in the collection:
- The Gospel According to Matthew, Leon Morris
- The Gospel According to Mark, James R. Edwards
- The Gospel According to John, D. A. Carson
- The Acts of the Apostles, David G. Peterson
- The Epistle to the Romans, Leon Morris
- The First Letter to the Corinthians, Roy E. Ciampa and Brian S. Rosner
- The Letter to the Ephesians, Peter T. O'brien
- The Letter to the Philippians, G. Walter Hansen
- The Letters to the Colossians and to Philemon, Douglas J. Moo
- The Letters to the Thessalonians, Gene L. Green
- The Letter to the Hebrews, Peter T. O’Brien
- The Letter of James, Douglas J. Moo
- The Letters of 2 Peter and Jude, Peter H. Davids
- The Letters of John, Colin G. Kruse