From Timothy C. Tennent in “Theology in the Context of World
1. These believers accept the authority of Scripture and, by
Western standards, hold a theology considered conservative, orthodox, and
2. Majority World Christians are more likely to be morally
and ethically conservative.
3. These new, younger churches are more likely to be
sensitive to the Christian responsibility to address issues related to poverty
and social justice.
4. These younger churches are experienced at articulating
the uniqueness of the gospel in the midst of religious pluralism
5. Majority World Christians are more likely to grasp the
corporate (not just individualistic) dimensions of the teachings of the New
Darren Carlson is the Founder and President of Training Leaders International. As President, Darren oversees the general direction of the ministry and serves as an advocate for pastors with little access to formal training and thoughtful cross-cultural theological engagement. You can connect with him on Facebook and Twitter.