From David Sills:
1. I don’t have the training I need to be a missionary.
2. I couldn’t raise the kind of support I would need.
3. I’ve been divorced.
4. I have some medical issues.
5. I have student loans.
6. I’m not a preacher/theologian/church planter.
7. I can’t learn languages.
8. Our children are too old/young.
9. I’m too old.
10. I’m afraid I wouldn’t be able to adjust to the food, dirt, heat, traffic, crime . . .
Read the whole thing here.
Darren Carlson is the Founder and President of Training Leaders International. As President, Darren oversees the general direction of the ministry and serves as an advocate for pastors with little access to formal training and thoughtful cross-cultural theological engagement. You can connect with him on Facebook and Twitter.