From Chad Bird:
1. He was a good man. Don’t turn my funeral into a celebration of my moral resume.
2. Chad...Chad...Chad. I don't want to be the focus on my own funeral.
3. God now has another angel. Heaven is not going to de-humanize me.
4. We are not here to mourn Chad’s death, but to celebrate his life. So-called “Celebrations of Life” do a disservice to the mourners for they deny or euphemize death.
5. Chad would not want us to weep. When Lazarus died, Jesus wept. Those tears betoken a God who’s fully human, who experienced the sadness and grief we all do at the death of those we love.
6. What’s in that coffin is just the shell of Chad. What’s in that coffin is the body that was fearfully and wonderfully made when our Father wove me together in my mother’s womb.
Read the whole thing here.
Darren Carlson is the Founder and President of Training Leaders International. As President, Darren oversees the general direction of the ministry and serves as an advocate for pastors with little access to formal training and thoughtful cross-cultural theological engagement. You can connect with him on Facebook and Twitter.