Short-term mission trip season is in full swing. I was traveling in Asia and saw a few groups with team t-shirts in airports. So, with this in mind, Sam Towsend lists five dangers when taking a short-term trip.
- Seeing everyone's brokenness but missing your own.
- Overlooking the beauty of others.
- Seeking people who deserve your service.
- Thinking the mission trip fulfills your service requirement.
- Making your mission trip story about you instead of God.
You can read the entire article for further explanation.
Darren Carlson is the Founder and President of Training Leaders International. As President, Darren oversees the general direction of the ministry and serves as an advocate for pastors with little access to formal training and thoughtful cross-cultural theological engagement. You can connect with him on Facebook and Twitter.