For those who read this blog and follow the ministry of TLI, you know the amazing God-given growth and impact TLI is having. I am reminded of the impact as I hear the stories of pastors who are nearing the completion of our training over the last three years and can now preach passages that are primarily derived from the Bible. It is amazing to hear them give feedback to each other, asking where they get their points in the text! Two years ago this would not have happened.
With a growing organization there will always be challenges. Because of this, I want to ask you to pray for us today and the rest of the month in the following ways:
- The US staff of TLI is centralizing in Minneapolis this summer. A number of families have begun the process of moving. Pray for the spouses and children of our staff to feel called to this ministry and part of what we do. Pray also for the staff as they begin working together daily.
- Pray for all of our staff in their support raising efforts. It is challenging and rewarding to be dependent on God's people for support.
- At the same time TLI is negotiating the price of office space and we need the owners to be reasonable.
- We have a new Director of Short-Term Ministries. This is an important role so pray for a smooth transition and that when things fall through the cracks, the Lord will protect us.
- We have a number of people who have applied for US staff positions as well as long-term appointments overseas. We are thankful for these talented people and ask for wisdom as we interact with them.
- We just finished our latest course - The Gospel of John. Those involved did a wonderful job. They are already planning out how to write our next class on Galatians. Pray for them and our translators to accurately translate the intent of what has been written.
- We need about 30 more teachers this year to come with us to meet the needs we have committed to helping. Pray for God to raise up gifted teachers!
Darren Carlson is the Founder and President of Training Leaders International. As President, Darren oversees the general direction of the ministry and serves as an advocate for pastors with little access to formal training and thoughtful cross-cultural theological engagement. You can connect with him on Facebook and Twitter.