I have read or listened to many commencement addresses. Most of them are ridiculous.
Here is one worth reading: Life of Daniel
The speaker is Nate Winters, a TLI board member and a pastor in Pennsylvania. His five main points:
1. Learn to make decisions no one supports - except God.
2. Make friends with those who stick with God, no matter how He treats them.
3. Be faithful when forgotten, ready when remembered.
4. When the world comes after you, keep praying.
5. When all is said and done, go to God.
Darren Carlson is the Founder and President of Training Leaders International. As President, Darren oversees the general direction of the ministry and serves as an advocate for pastors with little access to formal training and thoughtful cross-cultural theological engagement. You can connect with him on Facebook and Twitter.