Ever heard these before:
- It destroys foreign cultures
- It’s based on outdated theology
- It’s unnecessarily offensive
- Short-term teams can do the same thing but more efficiently
- It is much more effective to just fund foreign nationals
- It distracts people from the needs of our own nation
- Because people from every nation have immigrated to American’s cities,
it would be more cost-effective and strategic to stay and reach them here
Ben Stevens answers them here.
Darren Carlson is the Founder and President of Training Leaders International. As President, Darren oversees the general direction of the ministry and serves as an advocate for pastors with little access to formal training and thoughtful cross-cultural theological engagement. You can connect with him on Facebook and Twitter.