For the past four days the staff of TLI have been meeting in order to pray and plan our future. It was a memorable time for the staff and wives as we tried to bring clarity to TLI's growing mission. Here are some key decisions that were made:
- We are going to centralize our office to one location and within five years so that almost all of our staff will live in the same area. Pray: For our staff as they work through the impact of moving.
- We really need more US Staff. Right now we have 12 positions listed on our website. I think that is conservative! Pray: For God to raise up more staff.
- We will begin an intensive search for missionaries. I personally have a dream of sending 100 PhD holders overseas in the next 10 years. Pray: God would stir seminary professors, pastors and students to consider teaching in schools overseas or being part of a team that starts a school.
- We also need to find at least 130 teachers to teach our short-term modular courses next year. Pray: God would raise up the people needed to teach
- We laid out a plan for writing the next round of curriciulum as well as getting it translated into different languages. Pray: For Philemon and a team of writers as they revise what has been taught and as they write Genesis over the next 3 months.
- We are launching a Pastors Sponsorship Program within the next month. The plan is to allow people to sponsor pastors to receive training. Pray: For sponsors for all of the pastors we are training.
There is more to say, but this is enough for now. We are excited as we move forward.
Darren Carlson is the Founder and President of Training Leaders International. As President, Darren oversees the general direction of the ministry and serves as an advocate for pastors with little access to formal training and thoughtful cross-cultural theological engagement. You can connect with him on Facebook and Twitter.