Here is another interesting article by Justin Long. In it he takes five common strategy mistakes that Joan Magretta listed in an article in Harvard Business Review and applies them to missions. The mistakes are:
- Confusing marketing with strategy.
- Confusing competitive advantage with "what your're good at."
- Pursuing size above all else, because biggest=more profitable.
- Thinking that "growth" or "reaching $1B in revenue" is a strategy.
- Focusing on high-growth markets, because that's where the money is.
Darren Carlson is the Founder and President of Training Leaders International. As President, Darren oversees the general direction of the ministry and serves as an advocate for pastors with little access to formal training and thoughtful cross-cultural theological engagement. You can connect with him on Facebook and Twitter.