Starting TLI has been a difficult process, but here are some things I remember when doubt crosses my mind:
- TLI was launched in 2009 by a $25,000 gift from a seminary student
- The first year we did 3 short-term trips, this year we did 11, next year we are planning 22
- We have 10 opportunities for mid/long-term service at established theology schools around the world
- We are in the process of planting two schools
- In terms of budget numbers: $36K in 2009, $180K in 2010, roughly $400K this year and an estimated $900K next year
- In May of 2011 we had one staff member. Today we have 8 and plan on having 15 by May of 2012
- This year we have started implementing a curriculum program with an emphasis on hermeneutics, biblical theology, the attributes of God and expositional preaching (details in the attachment). The outline will have been translated into six languages by next week (Farsi, Arabic, Chinese, Greek, Romanian, Albanian).
Thankful to God who does more than we can ever imagine.
Darren Carlson is the Founder and President of Training Leaders International. As President, Darren oversees the general direction of the ministry and serves as an advocate for pastors with little access to formal training and thoughtful cross-cultural theological engagement. You can connect with him on Facebook and Twitter.